Saturday, April 4, 2009

Circle Of Angels

I sat in a circle of angels.
A place I had not been before.
I heard the sweet choir of Heaven,
Sing praise to the Lord evermore.

They glowed like the sun in the Heavens.
A light with a warmth I adored.
I felt like a babe in a cradle.
Nestled in the arms of the Lord.

Their wings were as white as a snowflake.
Their eyes like the stars in the sky.
They each one, in turn, spoke so gently;
I blinked, as a tear filled my eye.

They called me to faith and to glory.
They spoke of the rains that I see.
They stated the rain sent from Heaven,
Were tears that they all shed for me.

I looked to the throne through my teardrops.
I blinked, for I barely could see.
The Lord, sat so regal in glory;
I slowly went down on my knee.

An angel said, 'Rise up and greet Him '.
One more, took my hand as I rose.
I stood as a servant before Him,
And wiped away tears from my nose.

The Lord, then reached out and He touched me.
Then, just as I looked in His eyes;
I found I was back in my bedroom,
Still wearing my mortal disguise.

The wisdom of knowing the Savior
Is more than I ever could tell.
But greater by far than the wisdom
Is knowing His love just as well.

Tis there, in a circle of angels;
The blessed, meet the Lord now and then.
Returning to earth with a yearning;
To bathe in His love, once again.

GREENWOLFE 1962

No comments:

Post a Comment